Professional Writing Samples
Writing Samples; other professional work
1. Endure and Survive: Dystopia in the Post-Apocalypse and its Insight into Human Existence -
Master's Thesis, Idaho State University: 2014. The goal of my thesis was to demonstrate that post-apocalyptic fiction purposefully produces a dramatic scenario for character interactions, serving to comment on the fear and paranoia of the society from which it is produced. By offering a multi-modal commentary of post apocalypse as it is found in various forms of dystopian fiction, this thesis studies two popular examples of dystopian post-apocalyptic literature: Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road” and a popular PlayStation 3 game “The Last of Us” by NaughtyDog studios.
2. BeSmart Fireside Presentation - Outreach fireside for High School students and parents. Designed for firesides in chapels held around the United States (PDF version). This and the following presentation involved communicating with BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, and LDSBC to unify the visual message.
3. CES Articulation Conference Presentation - Informational presentation for High School Counselors (PDF version).
4. Sample Social Media Post - I maintain content and answer all user questions on facebook.com/byuadmissions
5. https://admissions.byu.edu/ - I maintain all website content for Admission Services at BYU. I have written or collaborated in writing much of this material, and a major portion of my job includes maintaining the policy on this website, as well as its social integration.
6. http://newsletter.byu.edu/ - I assist with the publication of the BYU Admissions Counselor Newsletter
7. Educational History Email - Formal email sent to students who incorrectly completed the educational history section of the besmart.com application. I composed this email in collaboration with the Director of Admission Services.